Saturday, February 5, 2011

Don was such a great person...

Don was one of my first friends in Ann Arbor. When he and Carolyn and I met, he used to pretend that Carolyn was this really competitive, mean person, and would joke that when no one else was around (since they were both studying French history), Carolyn would come up to him and poke her finger in his chest and be like "you listen to me...you better watch out Lacoss and stay the f... out of my way, or there will be hell to pay!" When I visited Don and Carolyn in Paris, Don and I went to the Buttes Chaumont together, and I have such fond memories of spending time with him there. Although we lost touch once we left Ann Arbor and started our jobs,  I have always had a special place in my heart for him as one of the people with whom I shared the huge ups and downs of graduate school. I felt like even if we didn't see each other much towards the end of our PhDs, we always completely understood one another. I am so sad knowing he is no longer with us, and I send my condolences to his family, who I know will mourn his loss deeply. My thoughts are with you...Liz Horodowich

No comments:

Post a Comment