Friday, February 4, 2011

Unicorns

My first encounter with professor LaCoss was something that was destined from the star- as a history major, I studied with nearly every professor in the department. However, Don was one of my favorites. Perhaps it was because he reminded me of my high school teacher, perhaps it was his penchant for wearing shorts all winter, or perhaps it was his knack for timely irreverent comments. Whatever the reason, 8 years later I can still vividly remember sitting in his classroom. You never dared to take a nap because you never knew when something truly unique would fly out of his mouth. Thus, I leave you with one of my favorite all-time quotes: "Maybe in a magical world where unicorns s#!* fudge..." Maybe if that world existed, we wouldn't be having to say goodbye.

1 comment: