Friday, February 4, 2011

learning

A week ago today I was sitting with Don at Family Resources.  We were watching our kids play and discussing learning.  My daughter Rachel and Don's Benjamin are in kindergarten together.  Don told me how Miss Mary Ellen said Benjamin "is sooo ready" for first grade.  At that time Rachel found my name tag on the floor and brought it to me.  Don mentioned how great that was that she's starting to recognize words.  We talked about learning to read and recognizing symbols.  He talked about the research we was doing at the university studying Arabic.  He was fascinated that he and his son were at the same reading level - how they both were recognizing words.  It was a great conversation.  Talking with Don always made me feel smart.  I rarely have the chance to have a real grown up conversation that makes me feel so smart.  I went home and talked to my husband about it.  It is a memory that will stay with me. 

Sara L Adams
Chuck, Rachel and Julia too

No comments:

Post a Comment