Saturday, February 5, 2011

Everlasting/Snow Angel Impression

 
It was my pleasure to be acquainted to Don LaCoss as his son's kindergarten teacher. In my long experience, it is rare to meet such a radical, intelligent, sensitive, intellectual, humerus, serious, dedicated, compassionate, accepting, knowledgeable, creative, witty, gentle, intimidating big man!

I quickly learned to be very mindful of my words so as to not to seriously hurt this man, when I spoke to him about his son, Benjamin. He took my words in deeply. That experience for me as a kindergarten teacher delivering a progress report about a kindergartner, albeit Don's son, Benjamin, held such reverberation that it will remain an indelible mark on me as a teacher, perhaps the result is more of me legitimately becoming the student of Don LaCoss. There is an everlasting impression!

As a small tribute to this man, we will try to make as many snow angel impressions in the ball field in Copeland Park as we can possibly create in this week of remembering Don. Please come and join us whenever you have some time.

Ms MaryEllyn, Three Rivers Waldorf School, Kindergarten Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment